Panoramic views of Monaco
Monaco is a small dot on the geographic maps, but its fame and notoriety go well beyond its borders. As in fact a Venetian ambassador was saying to a colleague who was ironical about the small size of his nation, “ Countries are not to be measured, but weighed ”, and since the old times the Rock of Monaco has held an important weight due to its strategic position.
Five centuries before Christ, it was, in fact, known to Greeks, as well as Elba Island, Ventimiglia, Marseilles and Narbonne, due to its leeward harbour, compulsory port of call during the voyages to Spain, and Hecataeus of Miletus, historian and geographer of the time, in its “Periegesis”, relates of a “ Monoikon poilis Ligustiké ”, that is, of Monaco, city of Liguria, where was located also a temple honoured to Hercules, which later on originated the old Roman name of “ Portus Herculis Monoici ”.
Starting from 1297, the history of Monaco interlaces with that of the Genoese family of the Grimaldis.
Following to a battle lost by Guelfs, Francesco Grimaldi, called Malice, while fleeing towards Provence with his vessel, succeeds in fact in taking possession, from the Ghibellines, of the Rock, conquered with the swords during the night of January 8th, after having cheated the sentry post disguised as a monk looking for shelter.
Since then, with alternate vicissitudes and after several sieges, the Grimaldis will live on the Rock with a swinging foreign policy, putting in competition, without giving anything, the powerful neighbours longing for its port.
So, in order to protect the independence of their frail nation, we find them at times allied with Provence, with Savoy, with Genoa or with France, betrayed in favour of Spain for 116 years, and then finally raised to guarantee of the autonomy and defence of the Principality with the Treaty of Péronne, signed by the Prince Honoré II, on September 14th, 1641.
With the French revolution, Monaco is occupied by France, and is annexed, from 1793 to 1814, to the department of the Alpes-Maritimes, with the less clerical name of Fort d’Hercule.
When the Grimaldis are back, the Palace has been sacked and the public finances are empty.
The Prince Honoré V tries to set up the economy with small industrial and handicraft activities, and grants the monopoly of wheat and flour to licensees without scruples which will cause the dissatisfaction of the population.
His successor, the Prince Florestan I, abrogates the monopoly, but it is too late, now. With plebiscite managed by Savoy and France, Roquebrune and Menton, which belonged to the Principality, go under French rule.
The Prince Charles III, who succeeds to the throne, gets a territory reduced of nine tenths and with only 1.143 inhabitants.
In exchange of this, by formally renouncing to his rights, he obtains from Napoleon III four millions of Francs, a carriage road Nice-Monaco, and the railway Nice-Monaco-Genoa, allowing the rich European tourists to easily reach the new ward of Monte Carlo, born in record time, with villas, gardens and a Casino on the “plateau des Spélugues”, where before there was only brushwood and, as the name suggests, some grottoes utilized by the shepherds. Monte Carlo becomes in short time synonym of elegance, feasts, displays, cultural and sporting events. The direct taxes are abolished. The prince mints golden coins, and can emit the first stamps.
The recent history is known to everybody, with its extraordinary geographic researches and scientific discoveries of Prince Albert I, not to talk of the cultural, economic and social development continued by the Prince Louis II, who creates, among other things, the broadcasting station of Radio Monte Carlo and the motor Grand Prix of Monaco.
Upon his demise, in 1949, Prince Rainier III takes over.
He is only 26 years old, and his rule will be one of the most important in the history of Monaco.
Called also the “Building Prince”, is able to extend by one fifth the Principality with the areas taken from the sea.
Create the beach of Larvotto, the modern ward of Fontvieille, the floating pier which allows the berthing of the huge cruise vessels, and all a series of buildings devoted to events, conventions, and international meetings, such as the recent Grimaldi Forum.
Monaco adheres to all great international bodies, and close to the tourism and the hotel activity, the bank activities and the building trade develop in an impressive manner.
Beside him, the unforgettable Princess Grace will render the Principality known overseas with the marriage of the century.
Almost like a “Foreign Affairs Minister”, she will contribute with her charisma and charm to the image of the Principality, helping her husband in the difficult decisions, without forgetting the charity and humanitarian works, and her role of mother.
Ascended to the throne on April 6th 2005, His Highness the Prince Albert II continues on the traces of his father, whom he sided since 1984 in the management of the state affairs. Like his great-grandfather, the Prince Albert I, he displays a sincere interest for the nature.
He has personally gone to the North and South Poles, for realizing personally the degradations related to the increase of the temperatures and to the global pollution, and to the Tropics for endangered forests and species, without forgetting the humanitarian missions.
In connexion to this, on 2006, he has created the Prince Albert II de Monaco Foundation which acts for the protection of the biodiversity and the problems related to the climate changes and the lack of water.
In the photos which follow, close to the geography of the Principality, you will discover several aspects of the Monegasque life, of our cultural and artistic heritage, and of our history.
It is often matter of unusual views covering 180° and more, obtained sticking together, by computer, even 33 shots.
Very heavy originals, which, at full resolution, fill up half of a DVD, and which I had, unwillingly, to reduce and compress in order to render them accessible on the web.
Some views may surprise, as, for getting a curve surface flat, we have to reach some compromise. I had, almost always, to adjust aberrant and broken lines and to draw things which had gone lost.
As an average, I have worked two days for each photo, at times with challenges at first sight impossible, but it is rightly here, at the moment of the shots and after, that stands the beauty of the artistic creation.
Point and click one time only on the images here under to have them in fullscreen and a second time for getting the maximum enlargement and explore the details.
The Principality of Monaco seen from east
The Principality of Monaco seen from west
Monaco: the coast from Italy to Cap d’Ail
Monaco, as seen from La Turbie, and an unusual outline of the Tête de Chien
Monaco, on the left, and the 18 holes Monte Carlo Golf Club, located at 900 m of altitude
Monaco-Ville with the Princes’ Palace and the Oceanographic Museum
The outline of Monaco Ville seen from the Port Hercule
Monaco-Ville: the square with the Princes’ Palace
Monaco-Ville: the Princes’ Palace square on November 19th, on occasion of the National Holiday
Monaco-Ville: the Law Courts, and the Cathedral
Monaco Cathedral interior. Eucharistic celebration in the presence of the Archbishop, Monsignor Bernard Barsi
Monaco Cathedral: mosaic with the Virgin Mary and the Child Jesus, sided by Saint Peter and the Prophet Isaiah
Under, on the left, close to St. Nicholas, patron of Monaco and bishop of Myra, St. Michael stabs and tramples an evil, half man and half dog, and weighs the souls for the Final Judgement, while St. Stephen, hit by a stone in me- mory of his lapidation, looks towards the beholder. On the right, St. Lawrence with the Roman Church registry, read again before martyrdom, and his torture gridiron, and St. Mary of Magdala, with her box of ointment for the Christ.
On the sides, to the left, St. Barbara, St. Bernard, St. Clare of Assisi and St. Devote. To the right, St. Brigid, we do not know quite well if of Ireland or Sweden, St. Blaise of Sivas, St. Margaret with in her hand the cross utilized in prison just in order to send away Satan, in the shape of a dragon, and St. Julia, patron of Corsica along with St. Devote.
Upwards, on the sides of the Holy Sepulchre of Christ, St. John the Baptist, the Archangel Gabriel with the Annun- ciation to the Virgin Mary, and an unusual portray of St. Anne, ideally holding in her arms Mary and the Child.
Monaco Cathedral: the White Penitents "Pietà" painted by François Bréa around 1500-1505
Monaco Cathedral: XVII century baptismal font and wooden 1637 Crucifix coming from the old St. Nicholas Church
Monaco-Ville: side entrance to the Cathedral, the Law Courts and St. Nicolas Square
Monaco-Ville: the City Hall Square
Monaco-Ville: Visitation Square, with the Department of State
Monaco-Ville: details of the Ministère d’Etat Palace, with the Grimaldi Coat of Arms
Monaco-Ville: precious mosaic of the Ministère d’Etat Palace
Monaco-Ville: the Government Palace
Monaco-Ville : the National Council
Monaco-Ville: the Chapel of Visitation
Monaco-Ville: Madonna and Child, oil painting on canvas, by Simone Cantarini (1612-1648)
The “Carugi d’a Roca”, in Monaco-Ville
The most valued pieces are those realized by Ernesto Sprega (1829-1911), who was its director from 1883 to 1889. Of Roman origin, he was a pupil of the famous master Mantovani, and later operated in Florence for Ginori, eminent painter and ceramist.
Ernesto Sprega, shown in the self-portrait on top at the right of the show-case, created, during his stay in Monaco, several ceramics and paintings.
He made himself known mainly for the "cannage", an absolutely personal technique giving the pots and baskets a graceful look, very similar to the true ones, pleached with straw and rushes. This technique, along with his never-ending research for new forms and colours, brought him several acknowledgements while representing Monaco in International Exhibitions.
Besides as talented ceramist, Ernesto Sprega is to be remembered for his numerous frescoes in the Palatine Chapel and in the Private Apartments of the Princes’ Palace.
The "Egg of Monaco" by Ernesto Sprega, awarded at the 1889 Universal Exposition of Paris
Monaco-Ville: HRH, the Prince Albert I statue, and the Oceanographic Museum
Monaco-Ville: the entrance to the Oceanographic Museum
Monaco-Ville: the "hall of the whale" of the Oceanographic Museum with skeletons of Balaenoptera physalus, Pseudorca crassidens, and Orcinus orca.
Reconstruction at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco of the workshop of Prince Albert I vessel, the Hirondelle II
The acquarium of the Monaco Oceanographic Museum holds a 400.000 ltrs pool, 6 mt tall
The Rocher of Monaco and Fontvieille
Monaco: the port of Fontvieille
The Tête de Chien and the Rocher of Monaco seen from the Port of Fontvieille
Monaco: view of the ward of Fontvieille
Monaco: Fontvieille residential area with, at its right, the Commercial Centre and the UNESCO Garden
Monaco: the Stamps and Coins Museum
Cap d’Ail, Monaco, the Tête de Chien and the Mont Agel as seen from the sea
The Heliport of the Principality of Monaco
Monaco: the Place du Campanin in Fontvieille
Monaco: Louis II Stadium entrance and Fontvieille industrial area
Monaco: Louis II stadium with the match Inter-Monaco
Meeting International de Natation of Monte Carlo
The winners of the 34th Monte Carlo International Circus Festival greeting the audience
Monaco-Ville, the Condamine and Monte Carlo are important wards of the Principality of Monaco
Monaco: the ward of the Condamine with Rue Grimaldi and Princesse Caroline pedestrians’ street
Monaco: the market of Place d’Armes, and the arcades of the Condamine
Monaco: the Condamine. The astonishing ceramics of the five continents ladies of Rue Terrazzani.
Monaco: Belle Époque ceramics on a side of the Café de Paris and in Rue des Açores
Monaco: Saint Devote statue by Cyril de La Patellière and church
Triptych of St. Devote painted by Louis Brea in 1517 conserved in Dolceacqua St. Antonio Abate church
Monaco: Saint Devote valley and the exit from the Underground Train Station
Monaco: underground Train Station
Monaco: railway tracks under a vault of stars in the underground Train Station
Monaco: the Port Hercule
The Port d’Hercule in occasion of the Monaco Yacht Show
A Monaco Yacht Show with a sea’s plenty of sails and yachts up to Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
The spectacular building, evoking a ship, of the Yacht Club of Monaco
Monaco: sailing school for children in the Port Hercule
Monte Carlo: cruise vessels and the hanging gardens
These huge pensile Palms of the Terraces of the Casino of Monte Carlo incredibly live in just 60 cm of soil
The Principality of Monaco seen from the floating pier
Monte Carlo beaches
Monte Carlo sky-scrapers and the Grimaldi Forum
Monte Carlo: the huge hall of the Grimaldi Forum
Luxury cars exposition at the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo on occasion of the Top Marques
Watches and jewels exposition at the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo on occasion of the Top Marques
"Concours International de Bouquets" organized by the Garden Club of Monaco
Casino Terraces and the façade of Monte Carlo Opera
Rococo decorations on the façade of Monte Carlo Opera
Belle Époque statue on the seaside façade of the Monte Carlo Casino
The atrium of the Casino of Monte Carlo
The gaming room "Europa" of Monte Carlo Casino
Belle Époque frescoes in the "Europa" hall of Monte Carlo Casino
The Hall Touzet of Monte Carlo Casino
Hall Touzet ceiling with glass window in Monte Carlo Casino
The François Médecin room of Monte Carlo Casino
Monte Carlo Casino "White Room", with the modern games in a Belle Époque look
Monte Carlo: the Casino and the Hôtel de Paris
The Hôtel de Paris and the Monte Carlo Opéra Princes’ entrance
Princes entrance to the Opera of Monte Carlo
Salle Garnier ceiling at the Opera of Monte Carlo
Fresco “The Music”, by Boulanger, in Salle Garnier, over the stage of the Opera of Monte Carlo.
Fresco “The Comedy”, by Lix, on a wall of Salle Garnier in the Opera of Monte Carlo.
Sir John Falstaff lives by his own wits at the Garter Inn. Once a famous Don Juan, he does not hesitate in seducing the rich ladies of Windsor for filling up his belly, and, with bad grace, orders his servants, Bardolph and Pistol to carry two love letters, identical but the addressee’s name, to Meg Page (Annunziata Vestri) and Alice Ford (Aga Mikolaj), on the right of the stage, who are friends and do the washing with Quickly (Mariana Pentcheva) and Nanette (Valérie Condoluci), daughter of the Ford’s. These last two, amused and annoyed at the same time, decide to give the scoundrel a lesson.
Also the men, from left, Dr. Cajus (Enrico Facini), Mr. Ford (Fabio Capitanucci), Bardolph (Rodolphe Briant) and Pistol (Wojtek Smilak), decide to avenge themselves upon him. The first had been robbed by Falstaff, and the second has just learnt by the last two, badly dismissed, that their master has written an ardent letter to his lady. On the background, the merry wives continue washing while on the right, Fenton (Florian Laconi), Nannetta’s sweetheart, enters the stage.
At Garter Inn, Sir John Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) sees, at first, Quickly, who gives him a message from Alice, that she waits for him, at home, from two to three o’clock, when her husband is out. It is a trap laid by the merry wives for jeering him. Then, Mr. Ford (Fabio Capitanucci), comes in, introducing himself under the false name of Master Brook, for acting the men’s revenge.
He tells him that he is fond of Alice, but that he is unable to seduce her, as she is a pattern of faithfulness. If, in exchange of a purse of silver as a bait, Falstaff will be able to scratch her virtue, then he will find the way smoothed.
Falstaff accepts his proposal with a handshake, and while going to dress for the love meeting, he tells the benefactor that he has already received an invitation about it by Mrs. Ford, between two and three o’clock, when her husband is not there. It is unnecessary to say that Mr. Ford, unaware of the plot made by the ladies, is at first prey of despair and then of anger. They part cheerfully, but he is impatient to discover at home the adultery and cut the throat of the culprit.
At the Ford’s in the mean time, the wives receive Quickly (Mariana Pentcheva) on the left, who tells them to get ready as Falstaff has been trapped. At the centre, Nannetta (Valérie Conoluci), is crying because her father wants her to marry Dr. Cajus, but she is in love with Fenton. The mother, Alice Ford (Aga Mikolaj), on the right, promises her support.
Alice Ford (Aga Mikolaj) awaits, at the centre of the stage, Sir John Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) who is coming out, triumphant, from the story book. But his courting is short-lasting, as the wives come, frightened, with the news that Mr. Ford is arriving with a punitive team composed by Dr. Cajus, Bardolph, Pistol, Fenton and other neighbours.
Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) hides behind a screen, while Mr. Ford (Fabio Capitanuccio) looks for him, furious, into the big basket of the dirty linen. After having, unsuccessfully, turned all the wash upside down, he runs to look for him in the other rooms, while Meg, pretending surprised to see him, hides Falstaff into the basket, which has been already searched, under the stinking linen.
Mr. Ford comes back on the stage with the team. They have searched all the house, and he is not there. He can hide, then, only behind the screen. Dr. Cajus opens it, and much to his and the furious father’s surprise, they discover Nannetta (Valérie Condoluci) and Fenton (Florian Laconi), embraced. Profiting by the mess, they had, in fact, withdrawn for kissing. Fenton runs away and the linen basket is thrown into the Thames.
Sir John Falstaff (Bryn Terfel), half-drowned and filthy, still thinks to the scorching misfortune and recovers, drinking, at the inn.
Quickly (Mariana Pentcheva) enters again the stage. In accordance with the wives, she wants to make things worse. She gives him another card from Alice, she wants him to be by midnight in Windsor forest, close to the old oak, disguised as “Black Huntsman”, with a headgear with long horns on top. Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) is caught again in the trap.
All are aware, of course. Inspired by a tale, Nannetta will disguise as “Queen of the Fairies”, and the inhabitants of Windsor will dress as sylphs, elves, goblins, devils and vampires. Mr. Ford promises Dr. Cajus that he will profit of the situation for giving him Nannetta, explains him how to disguise, and he will, himself, consecrate their union. But Quickly listens to the conversation and informs her friends. Fenton (Florian Laoni) is the first to get at the great oak by the sunset and Nannetta replies to him, but Alice interrupts them, explaining them how they are to disguise for upsetting her husband’s plans.
With his great horns on the head and an eagle beak, Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) meets Alice (Aga Mikolaj), but a yell is heard and the spirits come out in the dark of the night.
Nannetta (Valérie Condoluci) surrounded by the figurants tunes the song of the Queen of the Fairies. Falstaff, terrified, hides his face on the ground not to see the spirits. And all take advantage of this for stinging him and whipping him with osiers and nettles.
Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) repents and begs pardon.
One of his torturers loses his hood, and recognizing the servant Bardolph (Rodolphe Briant), Falstaff (Bryn Terfel), discovers the mise en scène. All accuse him and he accepts the punishment and admits his wrongs. Mr. Ford (Fabio Capitanucci) discloses Falstaff his real identity and shouts him “tell me now who is the cuckold”.
The wives disguise Bardolph (Rodolphe Briant) as a bride, place him, in lieu of Nannetta, close to Dr. Cajus (Enrico Facini), and inform Mr. Ford (Fabio Capitanucci) that there is another couple to marry. Actually, it’s Nannetta (Valérie Condoluci), hidden by the dress and the veil, and of her Fenton (Florian Laconi). In the darkness of the night, Mr. Ford does not realize the swop, and marries them.
All take off their masks, but it is too late, he has married his daughter with Fenton. In the end, all reconcile and also the father blesses their union, but Falstaff does not give up to return; “Dear Mr. Ford, tell me, who is the dupe now?”
The book of the story closes and Falstaff (Bryn Terfel) concludes: “All in the world is a jest”.
It’s Christmas eve. Marcello (George Petan), painter, and Rodolfo (Stefano Secco), poet, are trying to warm up in a poor garret.
Colline (Gabor Bretz), a friend philosopher, on the left, and Schaunard (Etienne Dupuis), musician, at the centre, with a basket full of food, happy for having gotten some money. The feast is short-lasting, as Benoît (Guy Bonfiglio), the owner, sitting at the centre, gets in claiming for the payment of the rental. The friends oblige him to drink, and, once drunk, he confesses of having betrayed his wife. This is a good pretext the tenants were looking for, and, with indignation, show him the door .
The friends go out bound to the Café Momus, but Rodolfo (Stefano Secco) remains at home as he has to complete an article. Alone, he hears somebody knocking at the door. It is the neighbour, Mimi’ (Inva Mula), looking for a candle to light up the lamp which is out. Then, the girl does not feel well, this is the first symptom of the TB which will carry her to the grave .
Raising herself for going back home, she realizes of having lost the key which they look for, in the darkness, on the ground, as a gust of wind has extinguished both lights. Rodolfo (Stefano Secco), finds the key and hides it in his pocket. When his hand meets the one of Mimi’ (Inva Mula), the poet discloses his love singing “Che gelida manina” (What a chilly small hand), and asks her to tell him about herself .
Mimi’ (Inva Mula) tells him she is an embroider. She lives by herself, creating imitation flowers. The act ends with a love duet “O soave fanciulla” (Oh, sweet girl) .
The two of them join the friends at Café Mimus. Mimi’ (Inva Mula) has found the love and is full of happiness. Rodolfo (Stefano Secco) has just given her, as a present, a red hat .
Important meeting place of the city, the Café Mimus is very much popular. Rodolfo (Stefano Secco) introduces Mimi’ (Inva Mula) to his friends .
Then comes the fascinating Musetta (Karen Vourc’h), on the upper part of the stage. She is the mistress of the rich state councillor, Alcidoro (Jean-François Vinciguerra), sitting at the centre .
Old flame of the painter Marcello (George Petan), Musetta (Karen Vourc’h) does her best to draw his attention. She intones a provoking song “Quando me’n vo” (When I go) and asks him to take her off, with an excuse, a bootee, showing, scandalously, her ankle. The two old lovers run away together, leaving Alcindoro (Jean-François Vinciguerra) alone and to pay the bill .
It snows a lot at the Barriera d’Enfer, where Mimi’ (Inva Mula), now seriously ill, looks for Marcello, who works in a public house, to tell him that Rodolfo has abandoned her. “O buon Marcello, aiuto!” (Oh, good Marcello, help!) .
Marcello (George Petan) explains her that Rodolfo (Stefano Secco) is in the public house, sleeping. Then, this one wakes up and gets out looking for his friend. Mimi’ (Inva Mula) hides and listens to his conversation with Marcello. She learns that he has left her just to allow her to find another man, wealthier, who can better lodge her and save from tubercolosis .
Mimi’ (Inva Mula) reappears on the stage and meets Rodolfo (Stefano Secco). They would wish to separate friendly “Donde lieta usci’” (From where she came happily out), but the memory of the nice hours spent together, compel them to postpone the separation till the next spring, the flowers season. In the mean time, Marcello and Musetta part after a violent quarrel .
The protagonists, from left, Marcello (George Petan), Musetta (Karen Vourc’h), Rodolfo (Stefano Secco), Colline (Gabor Bretz) and Schaunard (Etienne Dupuis) meet in the garret with Mimi’ (Inva Mula). This one has just left a rich protector and has been picked up, on the street, wandering and weak, by Musetta .
Understanding that the end is approaching, the friends leave alone Mimi’ (Inva Mula) and Rodolfo (Stefano Secco) who recall in the duet “Sono andati?” (Did they go?), their first encounter and the happy moments. And the red hat Rodolfo has kept as a memory after their separation, gives a moment of joy to Mimi’ .
Mimi’ (Inva Mula) passes away quietly, as if sleeping, surrounded by the friends, who had renounced to a pair of ear-rings and to a cloak for buying some medicines and for calling a physician .
Monte Carlo the main hall of the Hôtel de Paris
Monte Caro: the "Salle Empire" of the Hôtel de Paris
Monte Carlo: fresco by Paul Gervais at the "Salle Empire" of the Hôtel de Paris
Monte Carlo: the "Winter Garden", designed by Gustave Eiffel, at the Hotel Hermitage
Monte Carlo: Belle Époque bas-reliefs and frescoes of the Hotel Hermitage
The Casino of Monte Carlo, the Hôtel de Paris and the Sporting during the F1 Grand Prix qualifications
Monte Carlo F1 Grand Prix departure
Grand Prix of Monte Carlo: the most famous bend of the championship, the Fairmont Hairpin.
Formula 1 car at the Grand Prix of Monte Carlo
The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monte Carlo seen from Monaco-Ville
International Jumping of Monte Carlo
Ice Hockey International tournament of Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo Rally arrival
Avenue de la Costa, Avenue St. Michel and Boulevard des Moulins: the “Golden Square” of Monte-Carlo
Villa Miraflores is an intact evidence of Monte Carlo milieu at the time of the Belle Époque
Villa Miraflores entrance, side Avenue Saint Michel
Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Office on the upper part of Casino Gardens
Monte Carlo: Saint Charles church and Boulevard des Moulins
Monte Carlo: the statue of Saint Charles decorating the church entrance
Monte Carlo: the interior of Saint Charles church
The open air market of Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo: Avenue de Grande Bretagne
Monte Carlo: Boulevard d’Italie
Monte Carlo: Boulevard du Larvotto with sky-scrapers and the Grimaldi Forum
Avenue Princesse Grace
Nowadays, Villa Sauber hosts the Nouveau Musée National de Monaco
Exhibition dedicated to Léon Bakst - Scheherezade Room
Exhibition dedicated to Léon Bakst - Room in homage to Thamar and Narcisse with costumes and drawings
Exhibition dedicated to Léon Bakst - Daphnis et Chloé Room
Exhibition dedicated to Léon Bakst - Ivan the Terrible Room
The Sporting and the Larvotto, seen from the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel
Monte Carlo: Boulevard d’Italie and the Résidence du Parc Saint Roman
Monaco: Saint-Roman ward and the boundary, with the church bearing the same name, in France
Tennis lawns of the Monte Carlo Country Club
Tennis Masters at the Monte Carlo Country Club
Monaco: the Larvotto ward
Descent to Larvotto Beach
Restaurants along the beach of Larvotto
Beach life at Larvotto with background of skyscrapers
Monte Carlo: international feminine Beach Volley tournament at the Larvotto Beach
Monaco: the Exotic Garden
A typical alley of the Jardin Exotique with the famous Mother-in-Law’s Cushions ( Echinocactus grusonii )
Monaco: garden of succulent plants at the crossing of Avenue de Grande Bretagne with Boulevard du Larvotto
Monte Carlo: the Japanese Garden
Monte Carlo: Japanese Garden zen atmosphere
The marble bears this inscription: "Louis I, Prince of Monaco, built it for the public use and it was active from 1662. The consuls: Phelippo Ferreiro, Francesco-Antonio Gastaldo, Emanuele Frias and Joanne Terrazzano.
Monaco-Ville: Saint Martin Gardens
Monaco-Ville: Saint Martin Gardens, Bosio Pavillon, and Saint Honoré Chapel, resting place of Prince’s relatives
Monaco: UNESCO Garden in Fontvieille
Entrance to the Park Princesse Antoinette
Overview of the Park Princesse Antoinette with the minigolf among the olive trees
Princess Grace de Monaco Rose Garden originates on a land re-claimed to the sea
The Tête de Chien and the Princess Grace de Monaco Rose Garden
The Casino Gardens with the bust of HRH the Prince Charles III creator of Monte Carlo
The “Little Africa”, in the Casino Gardens of Monte Carlo
Overview of the new Princess Grace Rose Garden in Monaco
Moonrise from the mountains embracing, like in a huge scenery, the Principality of Monaco
The old houses of Monaco-Ville and the Princes’ Palace by dusk
Enchanting Monégasque dusk
Monaco: the Stamps and Coins Museum and the Commercial Centre of Fontvieille
Monte Carlo: the lights of the city as soon as the sun has disappeared behind the Tête de Chien
Monte Carlo: twilight fascination of the " fast road "
The Monte Carlo Bay Hotel and the Roccabella sky-scraper in a fairy-like dusk
Monaco: old houses, arcades and the fountain of Place d’Armes, enlightened during the night
Princess Caroline Street decorated for New Year’s Eve
Monte Carlo: night view of the gardens and the Casino square
Monte Carlo: Square Beaumarchais with a singular multi-headed date palm and the Hotel Hermitage
Monte Carlo: the business centre of the Métropole
Monte Carlo: Grimaldi Forum night enchantment
The première of Turandot by Puccini’s follows, on occasion of the Monegasque National Holiday
Les Ballets de Monte Carlo - Performance ate the Grimaldi Forum of "Les Noces", choreography by Jiri Kyla
Princess Grace Theatre and the International Meetings Centre
The interior of the Princess Grace Theatre at the Monte-Carlo Magic Satrs
Monte-Carlo Magic Stars : the great German illusionist Julius Frack in a spectacular levitation performance.
The enchantment of a sailing vessel in the magic scenery of Port Hercule
Monte Carlo International Fireworks Contest
Fireworks seen from the Larvotto seaside
Monaco: the Palace and the city sparkling on occasion of the National Holiday
Monaco: the multicoloured fair of the Condamine on occasion of the Monégasque National Holiday
Monaco-Ville: magic view of Prince Palace during Christmas Time
The headquarters of the site Photomazza in Monte Carlo
The profile of Corsica seen from Monaco has not changed. A new day begins.